Notation based on the Specified Commercial Transaction Act
Those attempting to use this Service must read the entirety of these Terms before using this Service and agree to these Terms. Person attempting to use this Service shall be deemed to have agreed to adhere to these Terms as of the time they start using this Service (Membership Sign-up).
These Terms apply to any and all relationships between the user and this Company relating to this Service. Part of these Terms consists of rules and various protocols regarding this Service which the user is being notified of by this Company to ensure smooth operation of this Service. Furthermore, in cases where the contents of these Terms and the rules and various protocols users are notified of differ from one another, these Terms shall take precedence in their application.
The terms used in these Terms are used with the respective meanings designated below.
- "Membership Sign-up": Agreement to these Terms in order to use this Service, setting up account information, and registering
- "User": Persons who have completed membership sign-up and are using this Service
- "This Site": A general term referring to the website using the domain manabijourney.jp and any other websites providing this Service
- "SNS": An abbreviation of Social Networking Service, online services with membership systems which provide various functions to maintain and promote social connections between people
- "My Account": Various information which is entered into the registration form at the time of membership sign-up and identifies a user such as name, e-mail address, password, date of birth, and gender
- "Content": A general term for videos, images, text, voices, music, software, programs, source code, and all other expressions, information and other products
- "Course": A general term for online learning course provided through this Service and other learning provided through this Service
- "Partner": Course creator, etc.
- "Posted information": Posts made by users on the SNS within this Service, or videos, images, text, voice, music, and all other expressions and information, etc. submitted by users through the courses
This Company will provide an efficient and effective online learning service to users through this Service including courses in a variety of fields and communication among users taking the courses. In addition to viewing and browsing the contents of the courses, the users can receive a variety of learning services through the SNS attached to the courses, participation in events, etc., or answering confirmation tests and assignments, etc.
This Company may change these Terms (including rules and various protocols, etc. regarding this Service which the user is notified of) without obtaining the agreement of the user for the purpose of improving this Service, etc., when necessary. Changes to these Terms will be complete and in effect as of notification to users via posting on this site. Furthermore, when users use this Service after posting of changed contents, this shall be construed as agreement with all of these Terms.
- Persons conducting membership sign-up must input all the required information into the form on the membership sign-up page on this site after agreeing with these Terms and click the [Membership Sign-up] button to send the registration information to this Company. Furthermore, users shall input information that is true as of the time of registration for the required information. Membership Sign-up shall be conducted by the member in question directly. However, although application by themselves is possible in cases of minors, adult wards, or persons subject to curatorship or conservatorship, this shall require the advance consent of a legal representative, guardian, curator or conservator. In the case of a minor, adult ward, or person subject to curatorship or conservatorship using this Service, the legal representative will be deemed to have agreed.
- This Company will determine approval or rejection of registration for membership sign-up applicants in accordance with the standard of this Company, and when this Company conducts reception of use, registration will be completed as of registration into a database on this site (an account information page will be created and the information input in Clause 1 will be displayed).
- When any of the following apply to the signed up member, this Company can reject their membership or rescind the approval. Furthermore, this Company has no obligation to disclose its reasons for such decisions to the signing up members in question.
(1) If it is discovered that they have been removed in the past for a violation of these Terms
(2) If their membership sign-up information contains falsehoods, errors, or omissions
(3) If they have not received the agreement of a legal representative, guardian, curator or conservator despite being minors, adult wards, or persons subject to curatorship or conservatorship
(4) If this Company deems that they are antisocial forces, etc. (crime gangs, crime gang members, right-wing organizations, anti-social forces, or other equivalent groups) or they have any interactions with or make any contributions to antisocial forces, etc. such as helping (or contributing) to support, operate, or manage antisocial forces, etc. through the provision of capital or other means
(5) Other cases where this Company deems membership sign-up to be inappropriate
- This Company may send e-mails to the e-mail address set at the time of membership sign-up regarding new services or features provided by this Company or information, campaigns, etc. provided by third parties in partnerships with this Company which should be beneficial to the users. Regarding how to receive e-mails, the setting methods shall be explained in this Service and sent e-mails.
- When there are changes to the information entered by the user at or after the time of membership sign-up, the user shall update the changed information from their account information page on this site without delay.
- When a user fails to make the changes in the previous Clause, this Company shall not be responsible for any resultant damage. Furthermore, even if notifications from this Company, etc. have not arrived at the user, they shall be deemed to have arrived at the time they should have arrived properly.
- Users shall manage and store their account information under their own responsibility.
- Users must not loan, assign, change the name of, transfer, or otherwise dispose of their own account information whatsoever.
- In cases where a user has failed to manage their account information sufficiently, used it incorrectly, or suffered damage due to use by a third party, etc., this Company shall bear no responsibility.
- If a user learns that their account information has been improperly obtained by a third party or is being improperly used, the user shall promptly notify this Company of this fact and follow instructions from this Company to take appropriate measures if any.
- When any of the following apply to a user, this Company shall be able to suspend said user's use of this Service or delete their member registration without advance warning to the user.
(1) When the user has violated these Terms, this Company deems it liable that they will violate these Terms, or it is discovered that they have violated these Terms in the past
(2) When falsehoods, errors, or omissions are discovered in their membership sign-up
(3) When it is discovered that they have not received the agreement of a legal representative, guardian, curator or conservator despite being minors, adult wards, or persons subject to curatorship or conservatorship
(4) When this Company deems them to be hindering the operation of this Service regardless of means
(5) When the user uses or attempts to use this Service for the purpose of cause damage to the users of this Service or third parties
(6) When the user has not used this Service for 90 consecutive days and has not responded to contact from this Company (excluding, however, standard learning period as stipulated for each course by this Company)
(7) Other cases where this Company deems it inappropriate for the user to continue to use this Service
- This Company shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for damage incurred by users or third parties under the previous Clause
- When a user who is currently taking a course or applying for a course has their membership sign-up deleted, this Company shall be able to suspend their use of the course or delete them without returning the course fees that have already been paid by the user in question
- Users can withdraw from this Service and delete their membership sign-up by notifying this Company via methods designated by this Company.
- Even if the withdrawing user is taking paid course(s) and still has time left in the standard learning period of said course(s) or has not started said course(s) yet, this Company shall not refund any of the already-paid course fees.
In any of the following cases, this Company shall be able to interrupt, suspend, etc. this Service without advance warning to the user. However, when it is anticipated in advance, this Company shall endeavor to notify users via methods such as posting to the site and sending e-mails to the e-mail addresses registered in users' accounts.
- When construction, maintenance, etc. is conducted on the equipment or facilities required for the provision of this Service (including facilities of telecommunications carriers and internet service providers)
- When damage occurs in the equipment or facilities required for the provision of this Service (including facilities of telecommunications carriers and internet service providers)
- When it becomes difficult to provide this Service due to fire, power outage, natural disaster, or the occurrence of other emergency situations
- When this Company deems it necessary to temporarily interrupt this Service for operational or technological reasons
- When logical reasons occur preventing the provision of this Service
- Users can apply to take courses by clicking the "course application" button on this site. After application, the course application shall be considered complete when the "Application Complete Notification" e-mail from this Company arrives to the e-mail address registered in the user's account information.
- In the case of paid courses, users shall pay the course fee as stipulated by this Company via the payment method and by the payment deadline designated by this Company, and course application shall be deemed complete when said payment is confirmed.
- When the user has applied to pay for paid courses via "convenience store payment" or "PayPal" and this Company cannot confirm the payment within the designated payment period, the application shall be deemed to have been canceled for the user's reasons.
- The course fees shall be displayed on each course introduction page on this site. However, in some cases the course fees may differ due to coupons being issued, campaigns, etc.
- Depending on changes to the service contents, etc., course fees may be revised. In such cases, this Company will notify users in advance by posting on this site or sending e-mails to the e-mail addresses registered in users' accounts.
- This Company may change the contents of this Service or cease its provisions due to its own circumstances. When the provision of this Service is ceased, this Company will notify users in advance by posting on this site or sending e-mails to the e-mail addresses registered in users' accounts.
- This Company will bear no responsibility whatsoever for damages incurred by users due to said changes or cessation.
- When a user commits any of the following acts or this Company deems them liable to commit said acts, this Company shall be able to suspend or interrupt said user's use of this Service in whole or in part, or remove information they have posted, or delete their membership sign-up. As a condition of this, this Company can view the account information of a user as well as their posted information when suitable and necessary for administrative purposes.
(1) Improperly using the e-mail address or password of a third party other than their own
(2) Use of this service posing as a third party
(3) Acts which infringe upon or damage the property rights, privacy rights, good name rights, trust, or any other rights of this Company, its users, or other third parties or which are liable to do so
(4) Acts which violate public morals (including but not limited to illegal activities such as the use of illegal drugs, illegal weapons, smuggling, prostitution, child pornography, child abuse, document forgery, fraud, and blackmail), or being liable to commit such acts, or having such acts committed through third parties
(5) The following spam behavior or behavior equivalent thereto
・Repeated posting of the same or similar text in places which allow posting within this Service
・Posting multiple enumerations of text which is unrelated to or thinly related to the place of posting, or long or voluminous text in places which allow posting within this Service
・Repeated posting of the same URL in places which allow posting within this Service
(6) Political activities, religious activities, sales activities, or similar activities
(7) Criminal acts under criminal law, illegal acts under civil law, or other acts which violate the laws and ordinances of the country
(8) Using this Service to send harmful computer programs, chain e-mails, or large volumes of information, etc. improperly, or making it possible for third parties to receive it
(9) Falsifying or deleting the information of this Company, users, or third parties through this Service
(10) Acts which hinder the operations of this Service or slander it
(11) Other acts deemed inappropriate by this Company
- In addition to the items in the previous Clause, in cases where this Company deems it necessary to protect its own rights, assets, services, etc. or the life, physical safety, assets, etc. of third parties, this Company may disclose or provide posted information to courts, the police, or other public agencies within the scope necessary.
- The copyright and other intellectual rights for all text, graphics, images, video, music, voice, logos, marks, button icons, words, items, resources, software, and all other copyrighted materials relating to this Service belong to this Company or the third party who created the copyrighted work in question, etc. Users cannot use these beyond the scope approved in these Terms or the scope approved in the Copyright Act.
- All service marks, logos, and names of service features, etc. relating to this Service are trademarks or registered trademarks of this Company, its partners, or third parties. Users cannot use these without permission.
- Copyright of posted information, etc. shall belong to the user in question. However, this Company shall have the right to use or change said posted information, etc., within a scope necessary for the operation of this Service including its provision (smooth provision of this Service, construction, improvement, maintenance, etc. of this Company's systems), and the user shall grant this free of charge. Furthermore, consent for said use shall remain valid even after the member sign-up has been deleted.
- The user shall not exercise their copyright against this Company or its partners, etc. regarding the posted information whatsoever.
- This Company shall be able to use and disclose information and data provided by users to this Company in a statistical form that cannot identify individuals at its discretion for the purposes of improving, revising, and developing its services, etc., and the user shall make no objection to this.
- If signed up with an external SNS account, or if the user themselves links the account with an external SNS account, the same shall apply to information extracted from said external SNS's registration information.
- This Company shall be able to use and share with third parties the personal information of users learned through this Service for the following purposes and scope of use, and the user shall agree with this.
Furthermore, in such cases it shall be provided after executing a suitable agreement to protect the personal information.
(1) Provision to third parties for sending and notification of information, etc. on this Service and related services
(2) Provision for advertising activities in affiliate companies with capital ties to this Company as well as sending and notification of information, etc. on accompanying services
(3) Information provision to credit companies whom we contract for payment collection, etc.
(4) Other cases where it is necessary for the operation of this Service
- This Company makes no guarantee regarding the completeness, accuracy, reliability, effectiveness, value, suitability for specific purpose, impartiality, lack of infringement on third parties' rights, etc. of the contents of this Service or the information which users can obtain through this Service, and shall bear no responsibility regarding it.
- Users shall prepare terminals such as computers or smart phones, internet connections, software, and other equipment required to use this Service at their own expense and under their own responsibility when using this Service. If the user experiences interruption of contents, decreased speed, impediments, cessation, or inability to use, etc. due to the user's internet connection, computer environment, or other unforeseen reasons, this Company shall bear no responsibility for damages incurred by the user for such reasons.
- Except where clearly specified in these Terms, this Company shall bear no responsibility for damages incurred for reasons not attributable to this Company, or damages caused by special circumstances where foreseeable by this Company or not, lost profits or damages based on damage claims from third parties.
- In cases where users cause damages to third parties or enter into disputes with third parties through the use of this Service, the users shall be responsible for their own expenses in making reparations for said damages or resolving said disputes, and will not cause any damages to be incurred by this Company.
- This Company does not manage the activities of users on this Service, and interactions between users using this Service should be carried out under the users' own responsibilities. Therefore, this Company bears no responsibility for information transmitted or shared by users on this Service or any problems arising between users therefrom.
In cases where this Company will transfer operations relating to this Service to another company, this Company can transfer the status under these Terms, rights and responsibilities under these Terms, and user registration matters and other information to the party that will inherit said business in accordance with said transfer. Users agree in advance to such transfers. Furthermore, the transfer of business stipulated here shall also include company splits and all other business transfers.
- In cases where the user has caused damages to this Company by violating these Terms or through the use of this Service, said user shall compensate this Company for said damages.
- This Company shall bear no responsibility regarding damage incurred by users or third parties due to the provision of, delay in, changes to, interruption of, cessation of, suspension of, or abolishment of this Service, or the leakage or loss of information, etc. registered and provided through this Service, or other damage relating to this Service, except where otherwise stipulated.
- When any of the following apply to a user, this Company shall be able to suspend said user's use of this Service or delete their member sign-up without any need for warning.
(1) When they are deemed to belong to antisocial forces such as crime gangs, crime gang members, crime gang associate members, crime gang affiliates, extortionists (hereinafter referred to as "antisocial forces")
(2) When they are deemed to substantially have involvement of antisocial forces in their operations.
(3) When they are deemed to be utilizing antisocial forces
(4) When they are deemed to be providing capital, etc. or contributions such as accommodation to antisocial forces
(5) When they have a socially blameworthy relationship with antisocial forces
(6) When they have engaged in swindling, violence, or threatening speech toward this Company or one of its affiliates either by themselves or through a third party
- When a user commits any of the following acts or has a third party do so, this Company shall be able to suspend said user's use of this Service or delete their member sign-up without any need for warning.
(1) Making violent demands
(2) Making unreasonable demands that go beyond legal responsibilities
(3) Using threatening language or violent actions with regards to transactions
(4) Circulating rumors, using deceptive plans or influence to damage the good faith of this Company, or obstructing the business of this Company
(5) Other actions equivalent to the above items
- The user declares that they are no manner of antisocial forces and do not belong to a corporation, etc. whose administration is substantially contributed to by antisocial forces, and firmly promises that this will remain true in the future.
- In cases where the user's use of this Service is suspended or their registration deleted in accordance with this Article, this Company shall be required no compensation for any damages the user may incur, while this Company will charge the user for any damages it may incur due to this.
In cases where doubts arise regarding the interpretation of the stipulations of these Terms or the use, etc. of this Service, or with doubts arise regarding matters not stipulated within these Terms, this Company and the user shall cooperate in good faith to resolve these smoothly.
The Japanese language version shall be the official version of these Terms. Even if translations of these Terms are drafted in other languages for reference, only the Japanese language version shall possess the force of law, and the other language versions shall not be valid whatsoever.
- The governing law of these Terms shall be Japanese law.
- If disputes arise regarding these Terms or this Service, the Niigata Regional District Court shall be the exclusive jurisdictional court of first instance.
Even if part of the provisions of these Terms are found to be in violation of laws or deemed otherwise invalid or unenforceable, the rest of the provisions other than the stipulations in questions shall remain valid and enforceable.
Enacted January 10, 2018
In addition to the normal terms and conditions, the following provisions will apply for participants paying a monthly fee to take courses.
- Monthly Plan
This payment plan allows for persons to participate in one class provided by MANABI JOURNEY each month. It enables participants to cancel their contracts or to re-apply mid-course.
(1) Application Procedure
Please refer to the application procedure outlined above.
(2) Payment Method, Second Installment and Subsequent Payment Procedure… etc.
･ Payments are only accepted via PayPal.
･ The first installment will be automatically renewed to initiate the second and subsequent payments (it is not necessary to make a new and separate instalment, as payment will be automatically withdrawn via PayPal). (NB 1)
･ Payment is due on a monthly basis, corresponding to the initial payment date (NB 2). Should there be a month in which the corresponding calendar date does not exist, withdrawal will be made on the preceding day.
･ The number of payments withdrawn will correspond with the number of months selected in applying for the monthly fee payment plan (e.g.: by selecting a 5-month program, a total of 5 withdrawals will be made).
(3) Lecture Distribution Dates
･ Notification concerning the first lecture will be sent via email following the completion of the application process (after completing the payment process through PayPal).
･ Subsequent lecture notifications will be sent on the same calendar day as when the application was completed via email (NB 2).
(4) Cancellation Procedure
･ Go to the “My course” page and click on the “Cancel” tab before the delivery of the upcoming lecture to withdraw from the course. Once the cancellation process is complete, a notification email will be sent.
(5) Course Taking Following Cancellation
･ Customers may continue to view lectures they have accessed prior to their cancellation (for courses that involve assignments, customers may still submit their work for assessment). (NB 3)
･ Customers who re-apply for a course that they had previously canceled and withdrawn from will receive lectures from where they had left off. (NB 3)
- Monthly Subscription Plan
This payment plan allows for persons to receive the number of lectures set by the company on a continual and monthly basis until the contract is cancelled.
(1) Application Procedure
･ Please refer to the application procedure outlined above.
(2) Payment Method, Second Installment and Subsequent Payment Procedure… etc.
･ Payment method and subsequent payment procedures correspond with the monthly fee payment plan. See 1. (2).
(3) Lecture Start Date and Distribution Period
･ Following the completion of the application process (after completing the payment process via PayPal) the course will become accessible.
･ Course distribution period: unlimited (the time frame for the course will be automatically extended on a monthly basis until a cancellation order is submitted).
(4) Cancellation Procedure
･ Go to the “My course” page and click on the “Cancel” tab before the upcoming billing date. Once the cancellation process is complete, a notification email will be sent.
(5) Course Attendance Following Cancellation
･ Customers may continue to view lectures up until the day prior to the upcoming billing date. (NB 4)
･ Customers who had previously canceled may re-apply for the course.
(NB 1): In the event that the second and subsequent payments via PayPal fail, the customer will be notified by email. Unless the customer re-applies for the course, those under the monthly fee payment plan will not be able to access lectures following the subsequent delivery. Those under the fixed rate plan will only be able to attend lectures until the day prior to the upcoming billing date (please refer to NB 4).
(NB 2): (e.g.: In the event an application is submitted on June 3) — the second payment and lecture delivery will be set for July 3, and the third for August 3.
(NB 4): (e.g.: In the event an application is submitted on June 3) — even if the cancellation request is submitted on June 25, customers will be able to access lectures until July 2 (following billing date = July 3 = the prior day).。
Enacted May 7, 2019
Shigeru Takizawa, General Manager of Online Education Business Division
Benten 3-2-20, Chuo-ku, Niigata-shi, Niigata 950-0901, JAPAN
- Credit Card
VISA / Master / Diners / Amex / JCB
- Convenience Store (Only in Japan)
Seven Eleven, Lawson, Family Mart, Cercle K, Sunkus, Daily Yamazaki, Mini Stop and Seicomart
- Credit Card : Pursuant to the provision of each credit card company
- Convenience Store (Only in Japan): Please pay the fee at the specified convenience store within 3 days after application.
*We think your order is cancelled if we could not confirm your payments within 3 days after application.
- PayPal : Pursuant to the provision of PayPal
Indicated on each course
*Including consumption tax
*Including packing and shipping cost in regard to drawing tools
*Please pay internet access fee yourselves when you use our services.
«In case of online school (course)»
- Credit Card and PayPal : You can start an appropriate course after finishing payment.
- Convenience Store (Only in Japan): You can start an appropriate course after we confirm your payment.
«In case of drawing tools»
- Credit Card and PayPal : We deliver them after about 2 weeks after finishing your payment.
- Convenience Store (Only in Japan) : We deliver them after about 2 weeks after we confirm your payment.
Our service is exempt from cooling-off based on the Specified Commercial Transaction Act.
We could not accept your cancelling except that there are some defects in the service or products.
･Windows：Windows7 or later
･Mac：Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- CPU and Memory
･Recommended Specs of OS above
･Adobe Acrobat Reader
«Smartphone and Tablet»
･iPhone/iPad iOS : the latest version
･Android 4.3 or later
* If you don’t activate them, you might not be able to use our service.
･We recommend to try to run movies by free course before application.
*You can watch movies after free member sign-up.
･We might change recommended learning environments above.
･Please use high-speed connection. There is a possibility that you can hardly watch movies in low-speed.
･You can stably use our service when you always update the latest version of OS.
･We can not guarantee ISDN, data communication card, and so on.
MANABI JOURNEY has “Community” (SNS for the exclusive use of course members).
You can share and exchange your problems, questions, creations with the members.
“Community” will become a newly study field by activating your community.
And also, member’s questions and opinions from all over the world in the same course are very helpful for you and you will be able to continue to study the course too.
The concept of MANABI JOURNEY, “Learn properly, Grow steadily with people who want to study” is not only the courses, but also this Community. Hence please understand our guideline below and discuss appropriately.
Increasing various comments means the members can learn more deeply. Although we highly welcome to your comments, please post your comments as if you do face-to-face communication. Please feel what another feels and keep in mind to post appropriate comments.
Various people can fairly learn in MANABI JOURNEY without any restrictions like age, sex, nationality, etc. Of course, each person has each philosophy. Please post your comments with understanding that there are various members.
Please discuss only the course or learning contents.
The unrelated comments of the course or something might lead to some troubles.
Please don’t post personally identifying or sensitive information, not only yourself, but also your friends, family, company, association, etc.
An easy-to-understand title prevents topics from being crowded.
Concrete and simply contents lead to rapidly solutions. Let’s devise how to post.
All community has search functions. Let’s use search functions before posting your topics.
You might resolve your questions without posting your topics. It prevents topics from being crowded.