We will stop accepting applications for this course on August 22, 2019. But you can continuously purchase the courses at Udemy.
* This video is edited fast forward because of a sample. You can watch all the videos at normal speed (changeable) in paid course.
SUMMARY & GOAL
This course is the captured video that a professional illustrator, nico-sensei drew it by SAI.
It is also included the whole process that the illustrator draws, redraws, thinks, and so on.
You can check not only the whole process (from drafting to finishing touches) of a professional illustration, but also the details of quality improvement like work method, how to use tools and functions, etc. that you would have hardly watched.
When there are important points, the captions are explained appropriately.
Let's check the professional techniques again and again to improve your techniques!
* Reference (Click for large image)
- You can learn this illustrator's focus points and ingenious ways by watching his real process (drafting, line drawing, coloring and finishing touches).
- You can feel lots of redrawing and correcting works to improve his illustration, not just complete it.
- You can refer to how to use the software concretely like pen tools, layers, functions, and so on.
The theme of illustration is "Momotaro" of Japanese old tale.
Every Japanese have known this story that Momotaro born from a big peach, go with a dog, a monkey and a pheasant, and beat the devils in Onigashima island.
If you draw, what kind of "Momotaro"'s illustration do you do?
What kind of Momotaro do you want to watch? read?
Nico-sensei drew her original "Momotaro" by adding her touch like location, personality, etc.
Please feel her "Momotaro" world.
* about this video course
This course is not included technical explanations about how to use software.
And there is no audio description because you can concentrate on the professional techniques in the screen.
But there is appropriately the explanation by caption when it comes important points.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
- Persons who would like to improve their illustration skills more
- Persons who would like to watch the professional works of illustration (working hours, tools, etc.)
- Persons who don't need the explanation of how to use software or want to submit the tasks
- Persons who have used Raster graphics editor like PaintTool SAI
* There is no explanation about how to use software.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Painting software (Raster graphic editor)
* In this course, the teacher use PaintTool SAI. It is no problem to use the similar painting software.
* You need your experiences to draw your illustration by using raster graphic editor because there is no explanation about how to use software.
Drafting MOVIE : 5
Drafting 01 Overall picture 19m07s Drafting 02 Face 22m36s Drafting 03 Hand and Fingertip 08m04s Drafting 04 Companions and Background 07m48s Drafting 05 Correction and Completion 09m18s
Line Drawing MOVIE : 9
Line Drawing 01 Face and Hair 22m37s Line Drawing 02 Hair 13m07s Line Drawing 03 Face 18m58s Line Drawing 04 Collar and Cravat 07m32s Line Drawing 05 Coat 19m36s Line Drawing 06 Vest and Cloak 15m49s Line Drawing 07 Hand and Improvement of Main Character 12m32s Line Drawing 08 Companions 14m30s Line Drawing 09 Brushing up 10m27s
Coloring MOVIE : 16
Coloring 00 Getting Started : Planning 1 22m00s Coloring 00 Getting Started : Planning 2 23m43s Coloring 01 Skin 07m20s Coloring 02 Eyes 07m40s Coloring 03 Hair 19m33s Coloring 04 Editing the hair 44m09s Coloring 05 Highlights 1 13m59s Coloring 06 Highlights 2 13m44s Coloring 07 Jacket 14m58s Coloring 08 Vest and cloak 18m48s Coloring 09 Jewel 14m34s Coloring 10 Gold on Momotaro 1 19m11s Coloring 11 Gold on Momotaro 2 18m06s Coloring 12 Gold monkey 18m46s Coloring 13 Gold bird 21m17s Coloring 14 Gold dog 18m16s
Finishing Touches MOVIE : 3
Finishing Touches 01 Brushing up 14m01s Finishing Touches 02 Effects 07m26s Finishing Touches 03 The final step 12m42s
- Standard Study Period : 2 months
* The deadline will be 60 days from the last day of standard study period.
* Certificate of completion will not be issued.
PRODUCE & SUPERVISE
Japan Animation & Manga College (JAM) is...
Applied Professional Postsecondary Course approved by Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
One of the biggest Manga College in Japan, high debut rate of professional manga artists (over 100!)
- Teaching the beginners from basic to professional
- Latest facility and 30,000 books of Manga library
- Lots of students debut while in school
- Fruitful curriculum to become professional manga artists
Continuously Debut from JAM!
- Graduated from Japan Animation & Manga College (JAM) in the faculty of Character Design
- She belonged to Side Ranch Co., Frontier Works Inc., etc. as a freelance illustrator.
- Main products are characters of app, SD character's goods, etc.
- Part-time instructor of Japan Animation & Manga College (JAM)